Licensed & Reliable Business and Family Attorney
Christopher B. Hunter
I was born in Jacksonville, Illinois, in 1953 and raised in Quincy, Illinois. I am a trial attorney and mediator of civil and domestic relations disputes.
I have over 46 years of court experience. I am licensed to practice law in the state and federal courts of both Illinois and Missouri.
I practice in the area of general civil litigation, including personal injury cases, workers’ compensation cases, real estate and title insurance cases, agricultural law, municipal and zoning matters, business transactions, business organizations, and contract cases.
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 1978
- MacMurray College, Jacksonville, Illinois
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1975
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Political Science
Classes & Seminars
- The Settlement Process - Advanced Worker's Compensation, NBI, Inc., 2012
- Violence in the Home - Advanced Family Law, NBI, Inc., 2014
- Evidence: Admission-Exclusion of Unique Evidence, NBI, Inc., 2017
- Guardianship by a Non-Parent, Madison County Bar Association Family Law CLE, 2019
- Oasis Women's Center - Board Member, 2000 to Present
- Madison County Bar Association Pro Bono Panel, 2008 to Present
- Werts Welding & Tank Service, Inc.
- Tri-City Neurology, Ltd.
- Goal-Oriented Healthcare
- Steck-Cooper & Co.
- MSE Racing and Sally Drake Endurance Coaching
- Dwight A. Werts, President & CEO @ Werts Welding & Tank Services, Inc.
- Honorable Gerald B. Cohn, U.S. Magistrate Judge
- Margarette Trussell, Executive Director, Oasis Women's Center
- Reverend George Humbert, Retired Pastor of College Avenue Presbyterian Church
- Andrew Allen, Executive Vice-President, Steck-Cooper & Company
- Sally Drake, owner of MSE Racing and Sally Drake Endurance Coaching
- Farrell, Hunter, Hamilton & Julian, P.C., Partner, 1980 to 2006
- Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation, 1978 to 1980
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, 2010-present. Affiliated with Y-Kiki Divers, St. Louis, MO
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Illinois Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association, 1979 to Present
- Alton-wood River Bar Association, 1980 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Business Law and Litigation Questions
- Real Estate Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions
- Illinois, 1978
- Missouri, 1979
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Tax Court, 1985
- Carter Shields v. Alton Health Institute, 201 I1.2d441, 2002, IL Supreme Court