Licensed & Reliable Business and Family Attorney
Christopher B. Hunter
I was born in Jacksonville, Illinois, in 1953 and raised in Quincy, Illinois. I am a trial attorney and mediator of civil and domestic relations disputes.
I have over 46 years of court experience. I am licensed to practice law in the state and federal courts of Illinois.
I practice in the area of general civil litigation, including family law, probate, real estate and title insurance cases, agricultural law, business transactions, business organizations, and contract cases.
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 1978
- MacMurray College, Jacksonville, Illinois
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1975
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Political Science
Classes & Seminars
- The Settlement Process - Advanced Worker's Compensation, NBI, Inc., 2012
- Violence in the Home - Advanced Family Law, NBI, Inc., 2014
- Evidence: Admission-Exclusion of Unique Evidence, NBI, Inc., 2017
- Guardianship by a Non-Parent, Madison County Bar Association Family Law CLE, 2019
- Pre-trial Discovery, Madison County Bar Association Family Law CLE, 2021
- Oasis Women's Center - Board Member, 2000 to Present
- Madison County Bar Association Pro Bono Panel, 2008 to Present
- Werts Welding & Tank Service, Inc.
- Tri-City Neurology, Ltd.
- Goal-Oriented Healthcare
- Steck-Cooper & Co.
- MSE Racing and Sally Drake Endurance Coaching
- Dwight A. Werts, President & CEO @ Werts Welding & Tank Services, Inc.
- Honorable Gerald B. Cohn, U.S. Magistrate Judge
- Margarette Trussell, Executive Director, Oasis Women's Center
- Reverend George Humbert, Retired Pastor of College Avenue Presbyterian Church
- Andrew Allen, Executive Vice-President, Steck-Cooper & Company
- Sally Drake, owner of MSE Racing and Sally Drake Endurance Coaching
- Farrell, Hunter, Hamilton & Julian, P.C., Partner, 1980 to 2006
- Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation, 1978 to 1980
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, 2010-present. Affiliated with Y-Kiki Divers, St. Louis, MO
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Illinois Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association, 1979 to Present
- Alton-wood River Bar Association, 1980 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Business Law and Litigation Questions
- Real Estate Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions
- Illinois, 1978
- Missouri, 1979
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Tax Court, 1985
- Carter Shields v. Alton Health Institute, 201 I1.2d441, 2002, IL Supreme Court